Choose RoofsOnly.com for your steel roof replacement needs to ensure your home is covered with durable and appealing protection.
Many homeowners choose steel roofs for their aesthetic appeal, durability, and longevity. Steel roofing tends to have a lifespan of about 40 years, which is longer than shingles (25-30 years), asphalt roll roofs (5-10 years), and numerous other types of roofing materials.
Steel roofing systems also tend to be versatile. For example, you can purchase a steel roof resembling clay, shingles, slate, or other materials. Steel roofs require minimal maintenance when compared with certain other types of roofs. Coating substances protect steel roof panels from premature rusting.
Still, like any other type of roof, steel roofs must be replaced at some point. Consider replacing your roof if it’s old or has extensive damage. Our roof replacement estimate tool can help you understand what a new steel roof for your property would cost.
Contact RoofsOnly.com in Austin today to schedule an appointment with one of our dedicated roofing professionals. We will help you decide on roof replacement and install a new steel roof for long-term protection. We are willing to work with any budget, so call our office today for a quote.
Repairs or Replacement?
Consider affordable repairs if your roof is under 40 and only has isolated damage. If your roof is at least 40 and damaged extensively, replacement is likely needed.
Though pricier than repairs, steel roof replacement can be more cost-effective in the long term. Continuous repairs can cost more than roof replacement, often done once or twice per lifetime.
At RoofsOnly.com, our Austin roofing contractors offer roof repairs and replacements based on your needs.
Signs Your Steel Roof Needs to Be Replaced
If you notice any of the following signs, you might want to consider replacing your steel roof:
- Worn paint – Worn paint indicates aged roof coating, which leaves steel panels susceptible to rust.
- Rust and corrosion – While steel roofing is durable, its coating will not last forever. Rust and corrosion on steel panels indicate a need for roof replacement.
- Leaks – Mold in the attic indicates water leaks. Mold can ultimately affect the health of everyone in your home. Water damage can undermine your home’s structure. Consider hiring professionals for a new roof if water leaks are extensive.
- Storm damage – While isolated repairs can be performed if your roofing system suffers minor storm damage, you might need to replace the entire roof if the damage is extensive.
Knowing the signs of roof replacement can prevent damage and issues. To ensure that your home is properly protected, you should contact a roofing expert at RoofsOnly.com of Austin to assess the state of your roof and help you decide on a solution.
Steel Roofing Materials
You can choose from various steel roofing materials based on aesthetics and budget. These materials include:
- Galvanized steel – Zinc coating prevents corrosion on galvanized steel panels. Galvanized steel is a low-cost option but still durable enough to last decades.
- Galvalume – The Galvalume steel alternative tends to be very long-lasting due to its coating, which contains aluminum, zinc, and a small amount of silicon.
- Weathering steel – Phosphorus, copper, and silicon coat weathering steel. As weathering steel is exposed to the elements over time, it naturally rusts into a unique color. However, many homeowners and business owners prefer the aesthetic of weathering steel to other types of metal. Once the coating has weathered away, this type of steel ionizes and stops rusting. Weathering steel, like other types of steel, has the potential to last from 40-70 years.
Steel, a popular, affordable, and eco-friendly option, is often readily available for owners. Steel roofs can withstand hail, high winds, and other hazardous weather.
If you are considering replacing your steel roof, call RoofsOnly.com in Austin today at (737) 275-7599 to schedule a consultation with one of our expert roofing technicians. Our skilled team can complete jobs quickly and efficiently with high-quality steel. No matter your budget, RoofsOnly.com can help you find a solution that meets your practical needs and aesthetic preferences. Contact us today.