In Austin, where thunderstorms, high winds, and hail are common, especially in the spring, it’s crucial to address storm damage to your roof promptly. RoofsOnly.com specializes in both urgent storm damage roof repairs and complete roof replacements. Most homeowners’ insurance covers storm damage, and we assist with swift claim processing. Delaying repairs can lead to further damage, while severe weather might necessitate a full roof replacement, regardless of age.
Our team is ready for emergency repairs and thorough inspections to assess whether repair or replacement is needed. We suggest suitable materials and ensure swift, durable roof system installation if replacement is necessary. Use our calculator to estimate costs for different materials.
For storm damage roof repair or replacement in Austin, contact RoofsOnly.com immediately. Schedule an appointment with our experts by calling (737) 275-7599 for prompt, reliable service.
How To Detect Roof Storm Damage
Detecting storm damage is crucial for the safety and integrity of your roof. Look out for these key signs:
- Damaged Roofing Materials: Check for loose or missing shingles, cracked shingles, visible granule loss, chips or cracks in clay tiles, and warped or missing metal panels. Also, look for hail-induced damage like dents on metal roofs or warped shingles with curled edges.
- Water Leaks: Water seeping through the ceiling or damp spots in the attic are serious indicators of leaks, which can lead to mold growth and structural damage.
- Clogged Gutters: Debris-filled gutters can cause water to pool on the roof, potentially leading to leaks and further damage.
- Loose Debris: Fallen branches and debris on the roof can suggest underlying damage and potential leaks.
- Water or Damp Areas in Your Attic: These often signify roof damage and, if neglected, can result in mold and health hazards.
After a storm, inspect your roof for these signs or have a professional roofing crew assess it. Prompt action, whether repair or replacement, is essential to prevent further damage. Many homeowners’ insurance policies cover storm damage, and professional help can expedite the claims process.
How Do I Know if I Need Roof Repairs or a Replacement After Storm Damage?
Deciding between repairs or a full roof replacement after storm damage can be straightforward:
- Consider Repairs If: The damage is minor and localized, especially if your roof is relatively new or recently installed. Repairs in such cases are cost-effective and usually sufficient.
- Opt for Replacement When: The storm has caused extensive damage, or if large portions of your roof are affected. This is also true for older roofs that might have weakened over time. While replacement is more expensive, it’s a long-term investment, potentially lasting decades.
Our team will inspect your roof to give you an honest recommendation based on the damage’s severity and your roof’s age. We aim to provide the best solution within your budget, ensuring your roof’s integrity and longevity.
What Should I Do After a Hailstorm?
After a hailstorm, we recommend taking the following steps to help your insurance claim go smoother:
- Take pictures of the hail next to a ruler or coin to show the size of the hailstone
- Take photos of the immediate damage if possible. Contact a professional roofer to assess your roof right away to get a quote for the damage
- Consult with your roofing company to decide whether or not filing an insurance claim is the right call
- Once the decision is made that filing a claim is necessary, contact your insurance company right away. The sooner you contact insurance, the more likely your claim will be accepted since you’ll have a better chance of proving that hail caused the damage.
Does Insurance Cover Storm Damage Roof Repair?
The good news is that most homeowners’ insurance plans offer coverage for storm damage to roofs. Our specialists can walk you through the insurance claim process and work with your provider to obtain the money you need. We can:
- Conduct a thorough inspection of your roof and offer you a quote.
- Assist you with filing your insurance claim.
- Act as your advocate when the insurance company arrives to inspect the roof damage independently.
- Ensure you accurately fill out your paperwork before submitting it.
- Furnish the insurance company with an agreement outlining the services we will perform for you.
- Evaluate your Statement of Loss and submit all expenses to your insurance provider.
- Complete the necessary repairs on your roof, or replace your entire roof if necessary, as permitted by your insurance coverage amount.
We understand how stressful it can be to navigate the insurance claims process alone, especially when dealing with a damaged roof that urgently needs to be repaired or replaced. That’s why we are committed to making the process as easy and stress-free as possible by walking you through the claims process and representing your interests.
RoofsOnly.com Helps Family After Major Storm
Contact Our Storm Damage Roof Repair and Replacement Company In Austin
Are you a residential, multi-family dwelling, or commercial property owner in Austin whose roof has damage? Was this damage from a recent storm? If so, RoofsOnly.com can provide you with repairs or a replacement. When you hire our Austin-based roofing team, you can expect to receive outstanding customer service, honest pricing, and high-quality craftsmanship. Call us today or contact us online to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced roofing contractors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do if my house has storm damage?
If a storm has hit your home, you first want to look inside to see if there are any leaks. If you don’t see any leaks, walk around your house on the ground level to examine if your roof has any visible damage. Bruising/cracking/curling of shingles, holes, and missing shingles are all signs of roof damage from a storm. If you detect any of these indicators, contact a roofing specialist. Schedule a roof inspection, and check that they review everything. A good inspection makes sure your home is not further damaged. Most insurance policies usually cover storm damage. Check with your roofing company to see if your scenario is covered!
Can I inspect my roof after a storm hits?
We do not recommend inspecting your roof (on top of your house) after a storm unless you have the right equipment and knowledge. Because of the troubles that the storm may have caused, any unskilled individual is at risk of slipping and falling off your roof. This inspection will almost certainly be free, so please contact a RoofsOnly.com roofing specialist to do this for you!
Does my insurance cover storm damage?
The damage’s extent and your insurance policy determine what they will cover. If hail is present, there’s a good possibility your insurance carrier can cover your roof. Contact a roofing specialist to do a complete inspection and help you throughout the claim filing process!
What does hail damage do to a roof?
Hail can cause minor to major damage to your roof. Hail can bruise or shatter your shingles, causing granule loss, underlayment/flashing damage, and ventilation accessories to be destroyed. Any of these can cause more damage, resulting in leaks that might cause severe problems in your home’s interior.
What size hail can cause roofing damage?
The extent of the damage to a roof from hail will depend on the severity of the storm as well as the condition of the roof. The size of the hail can vary from a quarter size to a softball size. Quarter-sized hail can cause minor damage as opposed to softball-sized hail causing major damage. If you suspect your roof to have been damaged at all from hail, contact a roofing specialist to schedule your free roof inspection. Ignoring hail damage can lead to problems that extend beyond your roof. Make sure your roof isn’t damaged to protect your home’s inside!
Will insurance pay for my new roof?
This will depend on what caused the damage as well as the insurance company. If hail or a fallen tree causes damage, you may qualify for a new roof. Contact a RoofsOnly.com roofing specialist as soon as you notice any damage so a full inspection can be done. Once the inspection is complete, the roofing specialist will be able to determine if a claim is worth filing or not.
When Is Hail Season In Texas?
Hail season can vary depending on the particular weather patterns each season, but in general, Texas experiences the most hail from March to August each year. Hail will be more common in the warmer season since the temperature difference in the atmosphere is more likely to create hailstorms.