13785 Research Blvd Suite 125-115, Austin, TX 78750 – Get Directions
Hours of Operation: Monday – Sunday – Available 24hrs a day via telephone and online chat!
RoofsOnly.com proudly provides high-quality roofing services in Cedar Park and the surrounding Austin area. Whether you have a commercial building or a residential home, our Austin roofing contractors have the experience to help you with any roofing issue. We can provide various roofing services, including inspection, maintenance, repair, or replacement. We even offer an inspection and estimate for free.
Call us at (512) 746-7090 or contact us online to schedule your free roof inspection or new roof consultation so our Cedar Park roofing team can provide you with the quality materials and craftsmanship you and your family deserve.
What Are Some Different Roof Styles for A New Roof?
Your roof can express your home’s personality – and your own. Your roof can reflect the image of your business, too. Different roofing styles can be classic or modern, efficient or luxurious, or combinations of the above. Our Cedar Park roofing services offer many other design options to fit your needs. When you call our roofing contractors in Cedar Park for a consultation, we can discuss those options and suggest some suitable designs for your building, including the following:
- Gable Roof – A gable roof is one of the easier types of roofs to design and build. It can also be less expensive than other types of roofs. A gable roof is simply two slopes with a ridge at the top. A gable roof is popular because of its efficiency, excellent ventilation, and increased attic space.
- Flat Roof – A flat roof is just that: flat with a gentle slope that still allows water to run off or drain. A flat roof typically costs less than a sloped roof and is more energy efficient. Our team can turn portions of flat roofs into decks or living roofs with plants and gardens.
- Bonnet Roof – A bonnet roof is also called a kicked eave roof. It has four sides with a steeper upper slope and a gentler lower slope. The gentle lower slope often extends to provide cover for a porch. This roof is a classic style popular in the 1700s and returning to vogue. It can be more complicated and costly to build, but it provides an excellent choice if you want shade, attic space, and high curb appeal.
- Butterfly Roof – A butterfly roof is like a gable roof in reverse. It has two sides that slope down and meet in the middle, forming a “V” resembling butterfly wings. They were a staple in mid-century architecture and still provide a modern approach to achieving excellent wind resistance and drainage.
- Sawtooth Roof – A sawtooth roof consists of a series of peaks with a double pitch on both sides. Typically, one slope is higher than the other, and these multiple parallel roofs resemble the teeth of a saw. A sawtooth roof is an excellent choice for numerous skylights, allowing maximum natural light.
- Jerkinhead Roof – Gable roofs have two sides, hip roofs have four sides, and a jerkinhead roof combines the two. This type of roof is a gable roof on its sides with much shorter hip roofs on the front and back. This type of roof allows for a larger attic space with increased stability and strength against the elements of a hip roof.
- Skillion Roofs – A skillion roof is a flat roof with a single slope. While useful for additions and garages, they are also quite popular for an entire home or commercial building when the owner seeks a modern look. This type of roof is easier and cheaper to construct than many others. It can provide excellent ventilation and ease of maintenance.
Do All Roofs Need to be Maintained?
Yes, all roofs need regular maintenance to help them live up to their maximum life expectancy. This is especially true for roofs in Cedar Park. RoofsOnly.com’s team of roofers in Cedar Park can maintain your roof for you.
Here are some of the things that should be checked for and resolved during roof maintenance:
- Remove debris – Leaves, sticks, and grit from the roof, gutters, and valleys can cause water to back up under shingles or cause structural rot to roof components.
- Check all the pipe boots – You should ensure they are watertight and not cracked or damaged. Vents and pipes need watertight seals where they meet the roof. Otherwise, leaks can occur.
- Examine the fans and vents – Your roof must adequately vent your attic or bathrooms. The adhesives in your plywood dissolve and separate wood layers when condensation cannot vent from your attic. This breakdown in the plywood weakens its ability to hold nails and shingles in place.
- Inspect the flashing and look for missing or damaged caulking – Roofers use caulking to keep exposed nail heads on roof shingles watertight. And they use metal flashing against walls and chimneys to keep that edge waterproof. If caulking or flashing is damaged, it can cause leaks.
- Look for animal intrusion or destruction – Damage to roofs or eaves can allow animals into your attic. Animals like squirrels can destroy parts of your roof and gain access to the interior of your building. Once inside, animals can be challenging to remove, destroying structures and wiring and spreading disease.
What Kind of Damage Can an Inspection Find?
Some of the common types of damage our Cedar Park roofing experts find during our free inspections include the following:
- Missing or damaged shingles – Damaged or missing shingles are a common type of damage. Hail or high winds typically cause shingle damage.
- Sagging – Structural problems, such as water damage or rot, cause roof sagging. If you notice that your roof is sagging, it’s essential to have it inspected by a professional as soon as possible.
- Rust stains on the roof or water stains inside – If you have stains on your ceiling or walls, your roof may leak. A water leak is a serious problem; our team will address it immediately.
Choose RoofsOnly.com for Your Cedar Park Roofing Specialist
RoofsOnly.com has become a trusted name in Texas residential and commercial roofing. As a full-service Cedar Park roofing company, we aim to treat every customer like family and provide the best possible customer service. If you have a roof that needs to be inspected, maintained, repaired, or replaced, RoofsOnly.com wants to help. Call us at (512) 746-7090 or contact us online to schedule your free roof inspection.
Proudly serving homeowners and businesses in the following areas/zip codes: 78613, 78630, 78641, 78645, 78681, 78717, 78734, 78738, 78730, 78726, 78750, 78717, 78729 / Cedar Park, Round Rock, Leander, Lakeway, Bushy Creek, Jollyville, McNeil, Wells Branch, Hudson Bend, Jonestown, Volente, Lago Vista, Bee Cave