Steel Roof Replacement in Austin, Texas
Steel roofs are a type of metal roof that many homeowners choose due to their aesthetic appeal, durability, and longevity. Steel roofing tends to have a lifespan of about 40 years, which is longer than shingles (25-30 years), asphalt roll roofs (5-10 years), and numerous other types of roofing materials.
Steel roofing systems also tend to be versatile. For example, you can purchase a steel roof that resembles clay, shingles, slate, or other roofing materials. Steel roofs require minimal maintenance when compared with certain other types of roofs. Steel roof panels are also coated with substances to protect your roof from premature rusting.
Still, like any other type of roof, steel roofs must be replaced at some point. If your roof is nearing the end of its natural lifespan or has suffered extensive damage, it might be time to consider replacing it. Our roof replacement estimate tool can help you get an idea of what a new steel roof for your property would cost.
Contact RoofsOnly.com in Austin today to schedule an appointment with one of our dedicated roofing professionals. We will help you determine whether roof replacement is the right solution and install a new steel roof that will protect your home for years to come. We are willing to work with any budget, so call our office today to get a quote.
Repairs or Replacement?
If your roof is less than 40 years old and it has only suffered damage in isolated sections, repairing the damaged portions of your roof could be a more affordable short-term solution. However, if your roof is at least 40 years old and the damage is extensive, then your roof will most likely need to be replaced.
While replacing a steel roof is a more significant investment than piecemeal repairs, it can save you money in the long run. Performing endless repairs over time can end up costing you far more than simply replacing your roof, and many property owners with steel roofs only have to replace them once or twice in a lifetime.
At RoofsOnly.com, we handle both roof repairs and replacement and can help you determine the appropriate course of action.
Signs Your Steel Roof Needs to Be Replaced
If you notice any of the following signs, you might want to consider replacing your steel roof:
- Worn paint – Worn paint is a sign of old age and could indicate that your roof’s coating has deteriorated, leaving the steel panels vulnerable to rust and corrosion.
- Rust and corrosion – While steel roofing is durable, its coating will not last forever. If you notice rust and corrosion on your roof’s steel panels, that is a strong sign that it needs to be replaced.
- Leaks – If you notice mold growing in your attic, you probably have water leaks. Mold can ultimately affect the health of everyone in your home. Water damage can also affect your home’s structural integrity. If the water leaks are extensive, you should consider hiring a professional crew to install a new roof.
- Storm damage – While isolated repairs can be performed if your roofing system suffered minor storm damage, you might need to replace the entire roof if the damage was extensive.
Familiarizing yourself with the signs that your roof needs to be replaced can help prevent further damage and additional issues. To ensure that your home is properly protected, you should contact a roofing expert at RoofsOnly.com of Austin to assess the state of your roof and help you decide on a solution.
Steel Roofing Materials
There are multiple types of steel roofing materials that you can choose from depending on your aesthetic preferences and your budget. These materials include:
- Galvanized steel – Galvanized steel panels are coated with zinc to prevent corrosion. Galvanized steel is a low-cost option but is still durable enough to last for decades.
- Galvalume – The Galvalume steel alternative tends to be very long-lasting due to its coating, which contains aluminum, zinc, and a small amount of silicon.
- Weathering steel – Weathering steel is coated with phosphorus, copper, and silicon. As weathering steel is exposed to the elements over time, it naturally rusts into a unique color. However, many homeowners and business owners prefer the aesthetic of weathering steel to other types of metal, and once the coating has weathered away, this type of steel ionizes and stops rusting. Weathering steel, like other types of steel, has the potential to last from 40-70 years.
Steel is an environmentally sustainable and affordable option for property owners who are looking to keep costs down, and due to its affordability and popularity, it is typically readily available. It also has the strength to withstand hail, high winds, and other hazardous weather conditions.
If you are thinking about replacing your steel roof, call RoofsOnly.com in Austin today at (737) 275-7599 to schedule a consultation with one of our expert roofing technicians. Our team has the skills to get the job done swiftly and efficiently, using the highest-quality steel materials available. No matter what your budget is, RoofsOnly.com can help you find a solution that meets your practical needs and aesthetic preferences. Contact us today.