Hail Damage Repair in Oconomowoc, WI
There is no telling what damage a hail storm can do to your home or business. If you’re lucky, you might not see any visible damage or only have to deal with minor cosmetic issues. On the other hand, a severe hail storm can rip your roof apart, particularly if your roof has already been damaged or is nearing the end of its lifespan. In these cases, a hail storm can cause major leaks in your roof, leading to water damage, mold, and other problems.
If the roof of your Oconomowoc home or business has been damaged in a hail storm, contact RoofsOnly.com immediately. Hail damage needs to be addressed quickly if you want to avoid more costly and more involved repairs further down the line. Our experienced team can quickly evaluate the damage to your roof and find a solution that fits your style and budget. RoofsOnly.com has handled hundreds of roofing projects and will work with you to fix your roof as affordably and efficiently as possible. If you would like to know more, give us a call for a free initial estimate.
Common Signs of Hail Damage to Your Roof
When a hail storm blows through Oconomowoc, you can usually see if there has been any damage to your car or other property. Hail damage to your roof can be hard to spot, though, so here are a few warning signs to watch out for after a storm:
- Missing or displaced shingles on your roof (these are sometimes referred to as “bald spots”)
- Fractured or cracked shingles on your roof
- Loose shingles or other roof debris around your home
- Clogged or broken gutters and downspouts
- Damaged roof support structures or accents
- Unusual moisture in your attic
- Water spots on your walls or ceilings
If you notice any of these warning signs after a hail storm, contact us immediately so we can figure out what happened and prevent the damage from spreading further.
Why Hail Damage Needs To Be Repaired as Quickly as Possible
Some homeowners are reluctant to start a roof repair project because they are worried about the time and expense involved. While these concerns are understandable, any delay in repairing hail damage to your roof could lead to more serious consequences later. Here are a few key reasons to contact RoofsOnly.com as soon as possible after a storm:
- Minimizing water damage – If your roof has sustained hail damage, the hail or precipitation from another storm can seep down from the roof into the interior of your home. This water often pools in your walls or ceiling, causing support structures to rot and deteriorate. To avoid serious structural decay, hail damage must be addressed quickly after a storm.
- Preventing mold build-up – While most people are concerned about the structural damage caused by hail, the secondary health effects of a damaged roof can be just as severe, if not more so. If water flows from your roof into your home, mold can quickly build up in your walls, ceilings, and other interior spaces. Once the mold has started to grow, it can cause various adverse health issues, from headaches and allergy attacks to infections and respiratory illnesses. Repairing hail damage quickly after a storm can reduce the chance of water and moisture seeping into unwanted areas of your home.
- Saving money – If you wait to address hail damage to your roof after a storm, the costs can balloon quickly. First off, waiting to address the damage means it will likely spread, making the cost of repairing the damage even higher. Additionally, a leak in your roof makes it very difficult to insulate your home effectively. In turn, your heating and cooling bills will likely soar until the problem is addressed.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Hail Damage?
One way to mitigate the costs of repairing hail damage to your roof is to file a claim with your homeowner’s insurance company. While these policies vary among insurers and homeowners, hail damage is generally covered under homeowners insurance. You may have to pay a deductible when you file a claim, but this deductible will likely be less than the full cost of repairs, and your insurance company will cover the balance. Check your homeowner’s insurance policy to see if it covers hail damage.
What Should You Do If Your Roof Is Damaged by Hail?
Here is what you need to do if your roof has been damaged by hail:
- If possible, take pictures of the pieces of hail. Place the pieces next to a ruler so others can see how large the pieces are.
- Take photos of the immediate damage if you can.
- Get in touch with a roofing company right away. They can look at the damage to your roof and determine if filing a homeowners insurance claim is the right move.
- If the roofing company decides it is in your best interest to file a claim, you will want to do so immediately to minimize any potential hassles with your claim.
Why Choose Us to Handle Your Hail Damage Repair Project?
Repairing hail damage on your roof is something that needs to be done right the first time, which makes your choice of roofing company crucial to the success of your project. Here are a few reasons to choose RoofsOnly.com to fix your hail-damaged roof:
- Experience – We have helped hundreds of homeowners and businesses fix their hail-damaged roofs, and that experience allows us to do our jobs in a quick, cost-effective manner.
- Customer service – We are a family-owned and operated business, not some giant conglomerate. Our customers are always our top priority, and we will do whatever we can to make this process as easy on you as possible.
- Free estimates – We will give you a thorough estimate of how much your repair job will cost and how long it will take so you can make a fully informed decision.
Contact an Oconomowoc, WI Hail Damage Repair Expert
Our roofing crews are ready to tackle your roof repair project at your earliest convenience. Contact RoofsOnly.com today for a free initial estimate.