Commercial Roof Replacement in Austin
If you own a business, you probably dress professionally to project a positive image of your company. Apply the same logic to your business’s physical space. Visitors will notice your building’s state, including the roof when they arrive. A beautiful, high-quality roof is critical to your business’s success.
Of course, having a first-rate roof isn’t just about looks. A properly installed, functioning roof offers numerous benefits. A durable roof protects you, employees, and customers from weather, leaks, mold, and pests. In Austin’s hot summer, a roof prevents heat and air conditioning escape. Install a new roof if a storm damaged it or it has reached its life’s end.
Use our cost calculator for an estimate if you’re considering a roof replacement. Then contact RoofsOnly.com of Austin today to set up an inspection with one of our roofing experts. We’ll help you decide if your business needs roof repairs or replacement.
Commercial Roofing Repairs vs. Replacement
Property owners often struggle to decide if repairing or replacing the roof is cost-effective. Repairs can be cheaper in the short term and may even be recommended if your roof is relatively new and the damage is isolated to specific areas. However, older roofs with widespread damage that require ongoing repairs often should be replaced. Invest in a new roof to save money over time rather than constantly paying for repairs.
Shingle roofs tend to last about 20 to 25 years before they need to be replaced. EPDM, one of the most common commercial roofing materials used today, typically lasts 30-50 years. Other types of commercial roofs have a much shorter lifespan. For example, modified bitumen roofing, often used on flat roofs, lasts 10-15 years.
If your roof is aging, RoofsOnly.com can help decide the best action and provide an estimate. We understand business owners operate on a budget. Our team accommodates any budget and recommends affordable, high-quality materials.
Commercial Roofing Materials
At RoofsOnly.com, we offer a broad range of roofing materials to our commercial clients, including:
- Metal – Metal roofing materials include tin, stone-coated steel, stainless steel, copper, and aluminum. Metal roofing has many advantages, including its ability to reflect sunlight, which helps your business conserve energy. It also tends to be long-lasting and extremely durable.
- Modified bitumen – Modified bitumen (asphalt) is often used on flat roofs and is hassle-free, requiring minimal maintenance. It consists of bitumen-infused industrial fabrics.
- EPDM – EPDM, formally known as thermoset roof membranes, are lightweight and wind-resistant and can help you conserve energy during the summer. EPDM is a synthetic rubber material that is often used on flat roofs.
- BUR – Built-up roofing (BUR), also commonly used on flat roofs, involves layers of industrial fabric that are “glued” together using asphalt or tar. The layered nature of built-up roofing helps keep unwanted moisture out of your building and reduces the risk of water leaks.
- PVC – Polyvinyl chloride isn’t just used to make plumbing pipes. It can also be used as a roofing material. PVC is a plastic material that can resist fire and wind and tends to be lightweight. Like metal roofs, it can also help business owners conserve energy by redirecting sunlight away from the building instead of absorbing it.
- TPO – Thermoplastic polyolefin, or TPO, is similar to PVC because it is a plastic material that can reflect sunlight. It also repels chemicals, fires, and bacteria and can withstand extreme heat.
Knowing which roofing materials meet your business needs with many market options is challenging. There are many factors to consider before choosing a roofing material, including cost, the aesthetics of surrounding buildings, and the specifications of your roof. Consult our experienced Austin professionals at RoofsOnly.com before making a final decision.
Call RoofsOnly.com today at (737) 275-7599 to get a quote on a new roof for your business. Our team will handle all installation aspects so that you can focus on your business. Trust our specialists for exemplary service, quality craftsmanship, and affordable materials. Reach out today to schedule a consultation with RoofsOnly.com in Austin.